Saturday, June 6, 2009

Inspiration: Western Style

Inspiration Western StyleLucky for me, ( and you if you love typography ) my sister happens to be quite the book enthusiast, her collection of books is a wonderful source for finding inspiring examples of typography. The books in these examples can actually be purchased from her blog Random & Unusual Books.

Today's inspiring examples are of the "western" variety. Lately it seems I am particularly fond of this look. As a matter of fact, I am almost reluctant in sharing these with you, I treasure them that much, I want to horde them away for myself. So I do hope you enjoy them and find them inspiring.
Thumbnails are cropped as well as re-sized, so you must click to view larger and full size images!
Give The Lady What She Wants! Click to enlarge and view entire image A Talent for Detail - The Photographs of Miss Francis Benjamin Johnston 1889- 1910 Click to enlarge and view entire image

Left: Lovely western-styled type used on this cover of "Give The Lady What She Wants!" by Lloyd Wendt and Herman Kogan. Double click to view larger & complete cover image.

Right: Another interesting example of a western-styled typeface can be seen here on this cover of "A Talent for Detail - The Photographs of Miss Francis Benjamin Johnston 1889- 1910" By Pete Daniel and Raymond Smock. Double click to view larger & complete cover image.

No comments:

Post a Comment